SCHOOL HISTORY

  

 

HISTORICAL BACKGROUND


Flamingo Secondary was created out of an existing beer hall-Flamingo beer hall established in 1930 to carter for the native drinkers. In late 1978, the then president touched by the apparent wrecking of lives due to excessive drinking, speared-headed closure of beer halls across the country. The Nakuru municipality used this opportunity to solve the problem of lack of space for PE graduates. Hence the beer hall premises were renovated to allow Flamingo secondary school to admit its first students in early 1979.


On February 19th 1979, the first 80 students attended their first lessons. The first head teacher was Mr. Clement Kabugi with Mrs Sambu and Mrs. Okumu as TSC teachers. The school was single stream and ranked grade D. A year later, the school was elevated from grade D to C. Other than academics, the school took part in co-curricular activities. Enrolment was low at the beginning due to the attitude of linking the premises to booze; hence the school was nicknamed “kirabuu”. The situation has however changed over the years and enrolment stands at 600 students under 30 teachers at the present. The school has had the following head teachers.


Heateachers From 1979 to Date  


Mr. Clement Kabugi    1979-1983
Mr. Ngugi Kimani     1984-1985
Mr. Kagwe    1985-1990
Mr. H S. Gill    1991-1994
Mr. Peters Orega    1994-1997
Mr. H. K. Kuria    1997-2000
Mr. C.K. Sogomo    2000-2007
Mrs. N. J. Kipturgo    2007-present

SCHOOL LOCATION

 

GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION

Located in Nakuru town, South of the Central Business District (CBD) near Bondeni Police Station along Kalewa Road. …

read more

Home

This is the

read more